“Using The Extraordinary Power Of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids.”
Based on the book “Simplicity Parenting” by Kim John Payne, Family Life Parent Groups help create a simpler, more balanced home life for you and your family.
Lesley Palmer, Certified Simplicity Parenting Family Life Group Leader, is a mother of two boys, a Creative Arts and Play Therapist (HPCSA registered), Family Constellations Practitioner and Clinical Supervisor.
She has been in practice in Cape Town for 20 years. Her clinical work with children has led her to joining the Simplicity Parenting movement as a community response to protect children’s mental health and wellbeing.
A manifesto for protecting the grace of childhood, Simplicity Parenting is an eloquent guide to bringing new rhythms to bear on the lifelong art of raising children, offering inspiration, ideas, and a blueprint for change:
- Streamline your home environment.
- Reduce the amount of toys, books, and clutter-as well as the lights, sounds, and general sensory overload.
- Establish rhythms and rituals. Discover ways to ease daily tensions, create battle-free mealtimes and bedtimes, and tell if your child is overwhelmed.
- Schedule a break in the schedule.
- Establish intervals of calm and connection in your child’s daily torrent of constant doing.
- Scale back on media and parental involvement.
- Manage your children’s “screen time” to limit the endless deluge of information and stimulation.